Real Madrid Retail Case Study
Legends was appointed in 2020 by Real Madrid CF (“RMCF”) to deliver a global omnichannel retail program that includes a brand new Official Online Store, the relaunch of three official stores in Madrid, and a new Flagship Megastore at the club’s iconic home; the Estadio Santiago Bernabéu in Madrid.
Having partnered with RMCF since 2018 when Legends was appointed to provide strategic insight and guidance into optimising commercial opportunities in the redevelopment of the Estadio Santiago Bernabéu, we understood the importance of putting the fan experience at the centre of the business. By focusing on the goal of building a true omnichannel experience, we took a major step toward the vision of a comprehensive shopping experience, online and in-store for all Socios, Madridistas, and fans at home and around the world.
Despite COVID-19, Legends was able to launch a revolutionary shopping experience on July 1, 2020 that included:
- Geo-targeted e-commerce site in 8 languages and multi-currency, giving global access to Real Madrid fans
- State of the art platform backed up by fully stocked production (hot market and personalisation) with distribution centres in Madrid, Melbourne and Indianapolis
- Temporary 1,500 sqm Megastore scheduled to open Q4 2020 during the redevelopment of Estadio Bernabéu
- Season 2023/2024 - new 2,400 sqm Megastore on East side of the stadium
- Season 2023/2024 - technology showcase 1,000 sqm Superstore to open on West Side of the stadium as a part of the Museum/Tour/Attractions
- 4 'in-bowl' pop-up stores open in time for the 2020/2021 season
- 4 stores in central Madrid to service the locals, tourists and travelling fan
- 2 stores in Barcelona
- 3 stores in Mexico
- Aggressive 2021 expansion plans for Asia, APAC and EMEA
MORE ON REAL MADRID: