Real Madrid Retail Case Study
Legends was appointed in 2020 by Real Madrid CF (“RMCF”) to deliver a global omnichannel retail program that includes a brand new Official Online Store, the relaunch of four official stores in Madrid, and the delivery of a new Flagship Megastore at the club’s iconic home, the Estadio Santiago Bernabéu in Madrid, when its redevelopment is completed.
Having partnered with RMCF since 2018 when Legends was appointed to provide strategic insight and guidance into optimising commercial opportunities in the redevelopment of the Estadio Santiago Bernabéu, we understood the importance of putting the fan experience at the centre of the business. By focusing on the goal of building a true omnichannel experience, we took a major step toward the vision of a comprehensive shopping experience, online and in-store for all Socios, Madridistas, and fans at home and around the world.
Despite COVID-19, Legends was able to launch a revolutionary shopping experience on July 1, 2020 that included:
- Geo-targeted e-commerce site in 8 languages and multi-currency, giving global access to product and an online experience for all Real Madrid fans and consumers
- Temporary 1,500 sqm Megastore opened Q4 2020 during the redevelopment of Estadio Bernabéu
- Season 2023/2024 – new 2,400 sqm Megastore on East side of the stadium
- Multiple ‘in-bowl’ stadium retailing spaces and event day retailing operation
- 4 stores in central Madrid to service the locals, tourists and travelling fan
- 2 stores in Barcelona
- 3 stores in Mexico
- 2022 expansion plans for APAC and EMEA
MORE ON REAL MADRID: