Legends International appointed as Project Manager
Stockholm Globe Arena Fastigheter AB (SGAF) have announced a best-in-class team, led by the premium experiences company Legends International, has been appointed to support them in reimagining the performance space of Avicii Arena, Stockholm, Sweden, in accordance with preliminary decisions made by Stockholm City Council.
Legends International has been appointed to deliver project management services, and to lead a team of experts in supporting SGAF, creating a concept design and contributing to the business case, with the focus on enhancing the fan and guest experience and additional revenue generation.
“It has been a long and rewarding process, and we feel confident that we, together with our tenant Stockholm Live among others, have procured a very competent team in Legends International. We are looking forward to working up proposals for the Stockholm City Council and begin the development of Avicii Arena“, says Mats Viker, CEO, SGAF.
“Avicii Arena is an iconic venue, which our team are privileged to be helping SGAF reimagine,” Martin Jennings, Managing Director UK & Head of Global Planning for Legends International, said. “We believe we have brought together a great combination of international design and project expertise, combined with local knowhow, to help SGAF make Avicii Arena a landmark venue for live entertainment and top-tier Ice Hockey for years to come”
“Avicii Arena is such a significant and wonderful landmark in Stockholm and has a long and storied history as a premier destination for concerts, entertainment and hockey,” said John Rhodes, director of Sports + Entertainment at HOK. “We are honoured to have the opportunity to collaborate with Legends International and SGAF to infuse the arena with new offerings and energy that will elevate the spectator, athlete and performer experience.”
- Legends International (project managers): is a premium experiences company that specialises in delivering holistic solutions for legendary brands. Our Global, multi-disciplinary service solutions collaborate on every project to ensure success across each of our verticals. Headquartered in London, together with our US colleagues, our experts have delivered over 1,800 innovative solutions across our six verticals. From creating a robust financial model for Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, developing retail strategies for the Rio 2016 Olympics, providing award-winning catering at Manchester City, and 360-degree services for The View From The Shard – Legends International deliver it all.
- HOK (architects): HOK’s Sports + Entertainment practice specialises in the design of arenas, stadiums, ballparks, training facilities and entertainment centres. The group plans and designs world-class sports complexes that are centrepieces of successful, vibrant entertainment districts and communities. Current and recent arena projects include FC Barcelona’s New Palau Blaugrana in Barcelona, Spain; Casal España Arena in Valencia, Spain; Etihad Arena in Abu Dhabi; the Footprint Center modernization in Phoenix, Arizona; the renovation of State Farm Arena in Atlanta; and Little Caesars Arena in Detroit.
- schlaich bergermann partner (structures): is an internationally renowned structural engineering and consulting firm based in Stuttgart, Germany with expertise in large-scale, long-span, high-rise, sports and entertainment projects which are architecturally and aesthetically pleasing, but also innovative, efficient and lightweight. With a multidisciplinary team of more than 200 members designing and delivering holistic and sustainable solutions, projects of note include many stadium projects for the FIFA World Cups in Korea and Japan, Germany, South Africa, Brazil, and the first fully demountable container stadium for the 2022 World Cup, several club stadiums throughout the world, and various multipurpose arena projects in Europe. The rehabilitation of BC Place Stadium (Canada) or Stadium Maracanã (Brazil), and more recent projects such as Wanda Metropolitano Stadium (Spain), or Tottenham Hotspur Stadium (Great Britain), are just a few of these highlights.
- Ramboll (engineering): Across the world, Ramboll’s 16,000 experts combine local experience with a global knowledge base to create sustainable cities and societies. In this project, Ramboll are leading building services engineers, including, for example, MEP, fire safety, sustainability, and 3D scanning expertise. Ramboll Sweden and Ramboll UK collaborate on this project, delivering enduring and resource-efficient solutions. Previous experience for the Ramboll team include work on the Royal Arena in Copenhagen, Denmark, and Tampere Arena, Finland.
- Efterklang (acoustics): Based in Europe with a team of over 130 engineers with architectural, musical and physics backgrounds, Efterklang is appointed to design the acoustics for the arena. With a long running track record designing sports arenas and live performance venues, they work to optimise the sonic experience of live events by careful design of architectural form, materials and sound systems. Their recent work includes the new Bratislava Congress Center and they have provided acoustic designs for several sports arenas in the Nordics including the Swedish Hockey Stadiums in Skellefteå, Karlstad, and Umeå.
- Light Bureau (lighting): Having recently completed award-winning lighting projects such as The Twist at Kistefos Museum in Norway, Maggie’s Cancer Care Center in Leeds, and the restoration of the Sammy Ofer Centre in London, Light Bureau has been appointed as the lighting designer at Avicii Arena. Light Bureau is a design studio based in London & Oslo and has a portfolio of projects worldwide that showcase elegance and innovation in lighting.
- AFRY (cost management): AFRY are a European leader in engineering, design, and advisory services, with a global reach. Since 2017, AFRY has provided cost calculation for the Globe Arena and has a history with the project throughout its lifetime. AFRY has consulted on many of the major stadiums in the Nordic countries including Tele2 Arena and Friends Arena in Stockholm.
- Movement Strategies (crowd dynamics): Movement Strategies, part of the GHD group of companies, is the world’s leading crowd dynamics consultancy, advising new-build and existing sports and entertainment venues, major events, transport and cultural venues globally. Long term clients include Liverpool Football Club (Anfield), The FA (Wembley Stadium), and AELTC (The Wimbledon Championships).