Liverpool FC Case Study
Since Martin joined the Legends International team in 2017, Legends International has taken on the management of all major capital investment projects undertaken by Liverpool FC.
Legends International’s team have managed the delivery of:
- £120M expansion of the Main Stand at Anfield which completed in 2016, increasing capacity from 45,000 to 54,000 and premium seating from 3,500 to 7,000
- The planned expansion of the Anfield Road Stand at Anfield which is due to complete in 2022, increasing capacity from 54,000 to over 60,000 and premium seating from 7,000 to almost 9,000
- Bringing all training facilities onto one site, with new First Team facilities under construction and due to complete in 2020 and an investment of £50M
- Constructing a new 20,000 ft2 Megastore at Anfield with the old retail store being converted into a fan bar that opened in 2018
- Stadium related income has nearly doubled from £45M to £84M in past 6 years, despite a season ticket price freeze being in place for most of this period
- The Main Stand expansion was delivered on time and budget with the loss of only 460 seats during construction, minimising impact on revenue
- The new Training Ground for the First Team and U23 team will complete on time and budget in summer 2020, and provide world class training facilities
- The Anfield Road stand design has been designed to minimise the impact on the local community, whilst achieving the requirement for over 60,000 capacity
In addition, Legends International manages the overall CapEx investment planning and reporting process for LFC. The CapEx control process for the Club that is now being effectively deployed across all departments was also developed and implemented by the Legends International team.