London 2012 Summer Olympics Case Study
Legends International were appointed to be the exclusive retail partner for all in-venue retail and the non-venue superstore for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
The London 2012 Olympic Games brought a total of 34 venues to the capital with 134 retail doors, including a 40,000 sq. ft Superstore in Hyde Park – London’s largest retail pop-up store ever.
Legends International delivered the following results for the London 2012 Olympics:
- Highest gross merchandise sales and royalties generated for any Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Highest gross royalties generated for any Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Largest merchandise sales for any sporting event to date
- Minimum royalty guarantee to the organising committee exceeded by more than 60%
- A new Olympic and Paralympic record in terms of sales generated and royalties paid to London 2012 Organising Committee
- $100,000,000 sales in 31 days
- 4,000,000 articles of licensed product sold; 2,500 members of staff
- Quickest recorded average transaction time at 67-72 seconds (split between superstores in Hyde Park and Olympic Park)
- Highest average transaction value (split between superstores in Hyde Park and Olympic Park) and £56-£64 respectively
- Over 1,200 lines of merchandise styles created and sold