The View from the Shard Case Study
The View from The Shard is the visitor attraction at the top of the Shard, London’s most iconic building and the tallest building in Western Europe. London has more world-famous visitor attractions than almost any other city such as the Tower of London, Buckingham Palace and St Pauls Cathedral, as well as leading museums such as the British Museum. To maintain its position as a primary venue, The View from The Shard wanted to use technology and attract more visitors through positioning the attraction as the Gateway to London.
To ensure the goals were met and the opportunities identified were realised, Legends International was appointed by The View from The Shard as the Gateway to London, providing an unparalleled guest experience. Legends International has recently been appointed by The View from The Shard to provide a comprehensive management consulting services for a 15-year term.
Legends International started the engagement by undertaking a feasibility study on the venue. Over 2,000 surveys were conducted to identify how guests and tourists make decisions about where to plan a visit. This information along with sophisticated data analytics of the View’s past ticket data was analysed to identify key trends.
- Utilising previous experience from other leading global attractions such as One World Observatory in New York, Legends International is now working with management to develop a wide range of enhanced experiences at the venue. These will range from innovative new physical installations combined with visual elements and new augmented reality and virtual reality concepts that will transform the experience.
- Legends International are also expanding the sales channels for the View, bringing our marketing and international sales capabilities that drive success at our U.S venues to London.
- In partnership with Absolute Taste, Legends International have also reformed the food and beverage experience at the attraction, ensuring a range of delicious and surprising options are available.
- Finally, Legends International are working to lengthen and expand the range of services available at the View, including corporate events, cocktail evenings and product launches.
- 2019 visitor numbers up nearly 50%
- Approximately 1M visitors per year
- Legends International is using our global expertise to help The View from The Shard recover from the impact of COVID-19 and ensure it remains a leading and successful attraction