Los Angeles Football Club Stadium Case Study
MLS expansion team LAFC engaged Legends to serve as turnkey provider in the planning, construction and operations of a new $350 million stadium and adjacent Food Hall located adjacent to Exposition Park at the LA Coliseum.
LAFC was built on long term community engagement and regeneration. Legends role was as much to ensure 365 day use as to deliver the best stadium in the MLS.
In conjunction with the market and financial feasibility study, Legends developed an economic and fiscal impact analysis to support an Environmental Impact Report necessary to gain stadium approval
Legends also served as the Project Manager during the stadium construction process. Services included but were not limited to:
- hiring the stadium architect
- hiring the construction manager
- managing the stadium construction budget
- managing the stadium construction schedule and other tasks to ensure the successful completion of the stadium on time and within budget
Legends also served as the sales agent for LAFC, which resulted in:
- securing the largest stadium naming rights deal in MLS history (Banc of California Stadium) and a sold out sponsorship/partnerships programme.
- leading-edge broadcast and kit deal (YouTube) that will revolutionise how sports organisations view media rights deals
- selling all PSLs, season tickets and premium hospitality and achieved sell out at prices and volumes forecast
Additionally, Legends is also providing food and beverage service in the stadium and adjacent food hall ‘The Fields‘ as an investment partner.